Warehouse Selector/ Order Filler
$18 / Hour! Free Parking! Employee benefits start first day!
The Greater Boston Food Bank (GBFB) is looking for Warehouse Associates to join our Operations Team. GBFB Warehouse Associates are responsible for safely performing material handling functions throughout our warehouse, including selection and order filling. You will have extensive personal contact with GBFB Team Members, volunteers, and external organization representatives. Each Associate is fully responsible for safety, cleanliness, inventory accuracy, and regulatory compliance in our facility.
- Safely and efficiently unloading, receiving, sorting, putting away, moving, selecting, or loading material with proper warehouse equipment.
- Accurately counting / verifying inventory quantities and checking expiry dates.
- Performing timely and accurate transactions in our Warehouse Management System (WMS).
- Neat, timely, and accurate completion of all appropriate documentation.
- Actively looking for inventory which is expiring soon and working with the Warehouse, Member Services, Program, and Nutrition teams.
- Verifying, taking, and documenting product & facility temperatures according to SOP.
- Using and maintaining assigned pallet jacks (electric or manual), electric pallet jack riders and related equipment.
- Maintaining a clean and safe working environment by managing trash, washing, vacuuming, sweeping, or other cleaning processes.
- Making positive suggestions to improve our business process.
- Ensure AIB Standards are maintained.
Experience and Skills:
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people.
- Willingness to learn new skills at GBFB.
- Strong math skills, being able to add, subtract, multiply and divide while working with percentages and numbers with decimals.
- Basic computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- At least one year of Pallet Jack Rider experience a must;
- High School diploma, GED, or at least two years of directly-related experience
- Basic knowledge of, and some experience in, standard warehousing practices and procedures
- Being able to work overtime when asked, sometimes on short notice is highly desirable
- Ability to be certified by GBFB’s Food Safety program
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Ability to operate Pallet Jack Rider safely.
- Ability to stand up to 8 hours per day.
- Working in ambient, cooler, and freezer zones for extended periods of time.
- Lifting inventory throughout the day, with inventory weighing up to 50 pounds, with or without assistance.