At Roxbury Community College, Your Future Is Our Focus 24/7
At RCC, Your Future is Our Focus, now and always. We know that in these uncertain times, committing to a college education can feel overwhelming. To ensure that you have a variety of enrollment options that work with your busy schedule, RCC is offering two late-start semesters:
• The Autumn Access semester begins on Tuesday, September 15, 2020
• The Mid-Autumn semester begins on Monday, September 28, 2020
Most of our late-start courses are online, offering maximum flexibility for completing class assignments. In an online course, you can complete the work at a pace that best suits your schedule, so long as you submit assignments and exams by set deadlines. This means that you can complete most of your coursework during the weekends, evenings, or at any other time that works for you.
We put our students first: at RCC, you’re more than just a number, you’re part of a supportive community. Student support specialists are available for both virtual and on-campus appointments to assist you throughout the registration process.
Other benefits of enrolling at RCC include:
1. An Affordable Education Our course fees are some of the lowest in MA, and our Office of Financial Aid can connect you with financial aid programs designed to offset program costs. A variety of state- and city-sponsored programs are available, and we also offer merit- and need-based scholarships. As of the fall 2020 semester, we are offering financial assistance for both credit and non-credit programs.
2. Laptops Are Available RCC is committed to providing every student who needs a laptop with one for the duration of your studies. We also have a limited number of Wi-Fi hot spots available. Through the RoxSTARS program, you’ll always have the technology needed for academic success!
3. A Quality Educational Experience Our faculty members are dedicated to your success. Faculty members have spent countless hours ensuring that online and virtual coursework is of the same quality as on-campus instruction so that you receive the full college experience, regardless of how classes are offered. Faculty members remain available outside of the classroom for virtual and limited on-campus office hours so that you receive the support you need.
Ready to Get Started?
Visit www.rcc.mass.edu/fall20 to start the registration process or to schedule a campus visit for in-person help with registration. If you prefer to receive guidance without visiting campus, you can contact the Enrollment Center at email@example.com or 857-701-1200. Admissions counselors are available to answer your questions and guide you through the enrollment process. We look forward to seeing you, soon!
New Program: Google IT Support Professional Certificate
The Google IT Support Professional Certificate is a first of its kind, hands-on program designed to prepare learners for entry-level jobs in IT Support. RCC, Google, and CompTIA have teamed up to help learners gain the skills and credentials they need to launch an IT career. With this dual badge, people who complete the Google IT Support Professional Certificate and pass the Comp TIA A+ certification exam (1000 Series) will be able to show potential employers that they have credentials that are industry-recognized. To learn more, visit www.rcc.mass.edu/cwd or contact Assistant Director Evelyn Everton at 857-701-1603 or EEverton@rcc.mass.edu.
Certificate Preparation Programs for Working Professionals
Even the most established professionals need to earn credentials to maximize their income and continue their professional growth. At RCC, we offer many programs designed to increase the earning power of Boston residents.
Child Development Associate Plus (CDA Plus) Program
The Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential™ is the most widely recognized credential in early childhood education (ECE) as well as an integral component of career advancement in the field. RCC’s CDA Plus Program is designed to exceed the requirements for earning a CDA credential preparing you to earn this nationally-recognized qualification. This program is financial aid eligible, and fully-online CDA courses are being offered during the Autumn Access semester. To learn more and start the enrollment process, visit www.rcc.mass.edu/banner/1175-cda.
Center for Smart Building Technology
RCC’s Center for Smart Building Technology (c4SBT) offers preparation programs for the most widely recognized professional credentials in energy efficiency and smart building technology. During the fall 2020 semester, the c4SBT will offer online certification prep courses in Building Operator Certification (level 2), Building Performance Institute’s Building Science Principles, LEED Green Associate 4v, and more. The Center will also offer a limited number of in-person building automation systems classes while adhering to spacing precautions and other COVID-19 related guidelines. Visit www.rcc.mass.edu/sbt to learn more and register. You can also contact Executive Director Frank Mruk FAIA, RIBA at 857-701-1564 or fMruk@rcc.mass.edu for more information.