At Roxbury Community College, Your Future Is Our Focus
At RCC, Your Future is Our Focus, now and always. While we have adjusted our course offerings in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have never strayed from our commitment to ensuring your success.
Spring 2021 classes at RCC begin on Wednesday, January 20, 2021, and late-start, Spring Access classes start the week of February 1, 2021. While most classes are being offered through online or virtual instruction, we are offering a few hybrid and in-person classes. To review our class schedule, visit rcc.mass.edu/spring21.
In Boston, you have many options to consider when deciding where to study. RCC is an excellent choice because:
• Your Safety is a Top Priority — At RCC, ensuring the safety and security of our student body is a top priority. Most classes are being offered through online, virtual, or hybrid instruction, and the campus has implemented CDC and MA Department of Public Health guidelines to ensure the safety of those who must come to campus.
• RCC Makes A College Education Affordable — Our course fees are some of the lowest in MA, and our Office of Financial Aid can connect you with financial aid programs designed to offset program costs. A variety of state- and city-sponsored programs are available, and we also offer merit- and need-based scholarships.
• Technology Is Offered At No Extra Cost — We’ll make sure that you have the technology needed to complete courses, during and after the COVID-19 pandemic. Don’t have a laptop? Don’t worry! We’ll provide you with one through our RoxSTARS program.
• All Courses Transfer — All courses at RCC transfer to four-year institutions. You can begin your studies at RCC and transfer your credits to any four-year school when the time comes. Our Office of Transfer Services offers dedicated, one-on-one support, ensuring that you receive personalized guidance on transfer options and that your RCC transcripts reach transfer institutions on time.
• We Offer Quality Education — Our faculty members are dedicated to your success. Faculty members have spent countless hours ensuring that online and virtual coursework is of the same quality as on-campus instruction. Faculty members remain available outside of the classroom for virtual and limited on-campus office hours so that you receive the support you need.
Ready to Get Started?
Visit rcc.mass.edu/spring21 to start the registration process. You can also contact the Enrollment Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 857-701-1200. Admissions counselors are available to answer your questions and guide you through the enrollment process. We look forward to seeing you in the spring!
Healthcare Programs at RCC
Now more than ever, enrolling at RCC provides a flexible and affordable path toward your career. Each of the programs geared toward healthcare professions was designed to meet Boston’s growing workforce needs. We work directly with Boston’s largest healthcare employers to ensure our courses provide you with the knowledge and skills needed for immediate workplace success.
Whether you need help signing up for an assessment or need guidance determining which program serves your long-term career interests, we are here to help. RCC provides one-on-one support throughout the enrollment process; and throughout your studies, you will continue to receive individual guidance from our team of experienced administrators. With small class sizes, there is a balance of cooperative learning and individual time with the instructor in every course.
Spring 2021 Healthcare Programs include:
Clinical Medical Assistant This course will introduce students to the clinical responsibilities of a medical office, including routine laboratory procedures, as well as stress and diagnostic testing. The program also covers ethics and the legal aspects of healthcare.
Medical Billing and Coding This course will introduce students to ICD-10 guidelines, basic claims processes for medical insurance and third-party reimbursements, and specialty fields such as surgery, radiology, and laboratory.
Pharmacy Technician This course introduces students to the theoretical knowledge and hands-on training necessary to work as pharmacy technicians in retail, hospital, and fulfillment pharmacy settings. RCC offers this course in partnership with CVS Pharmacy.
Phlebotomy This course will introduce students to medical terminology, human anatomy and physiology, OSHA regulations, bloodborne pathogens, universal precautions, ethics, and applicable law.
RCC understands the personal and professional obligations of students mean they are typically busy during standard business hours. Our training courses are offered during evening hours, giving students the flexibility to participate during the hours that work best for their needs.
To begin the process for enrollment in one of our Healthcare Training Programs, visit www.rcc.mass.edu/healthcare20. You can also contact Assistant Director Evelyn Everton at EEverton@rcc.mass.edu for more information.