Enroll at Roxbury Community College – Fall Classes Start Soon!
At RCC, we take pride in offering our students some of the lowest tuition and fees in Massachusetts. Thanks to new state- and city-sponsored initiatives, private donors, and other funders, many RCC students will qualify for tuition-free enrollment as of Fall 2023.
Some of these special financial assistance programs have deadlines or require applications. Visit www.rcc.mass.edu/fa to learn more about:
MassReconnect — Massachusetts residents 25 years of age or older can take advantage of this opportunity to earn an associate degree or certificate for free at RCC.
Federal Financial Aid — Many RCC students are eligible for the maximum PELL grant award offered by the Federal Government. To receive the award, you must complete a FAFSA. Detailed information on completing the FAFSA is available on our Financial Aid website.
Scholarships — We are pleased to offer scholarships to qualified RCC students. Most scholarships are funded through the Roxbury Community College Foundation (RCCF), made possible by donations from public and private entities. Unlike federal financial aid, scholarships are available to students regardless of immigration or enrollment status.
In addition to the financial assistance programs detailed above, there are many financial resources available to RCC students. We know that keeping tuition and fees low isn’t enough — there are other expenses, like transportation and childcare that can quickly add up. Don’t worry. We’re committed to making sure that every student can afford an RCC education.
Fall 2023 classes begin soon, and it’s not too late to enroll!
Fall courses begin on Wednesday, September 6, 2023, fall access courses begin on September 18, 2023, and late-start fall classes begin on October 30, 2023.
In Boston, you have many options to consider when deciding where to study. RCC is an excellent choice, because:
• Class Schedules are Based on Your Needs — We know that you are busy and that not every student can attend classes during the day. We offer evening courses, Saturday courses, and online courses so that you can earn a degree while you work. RCC’s support services are available both in-person and online, so you can access support from our traditional or virtual campus.
• RCC Makes a College Education Affordable — Our course fees are some of the lowest in MA, and our Office of Financial Aid can connect you with financial aid programs designed to offset program costs. A variety of state- and city-sponsored programs are available, and we also offer merit- and need-based scholarships.
• Technology is Offered at No Extra Cost — We’re committed to making sure that you have the technology needed to complete your assignments. Don’t have a laptop? Don’t worry! We’ll provide you with one through our RoxSTARS program.
• All Courses Transfer — All courses at RCC transfer to four-year institutions. You can begin your studies at RCC and transfer your credits to any four-year school when the time comes. Our Office of Transfer Services offers dedicated, one-on-one support, ensuring that you receive personalized guidance on transfer options and that your RCC transcripts reach transfer institutions on time.
• Our Facilities are New and Improved — RCC recently completed a major campus improvement project, and we didn’t stop there! The Media Arts Center now includes a renovated auditorium, with a new BOSE sound system, a new lighting system, and more. The academic building includes a new Student Commons (with A/V upgrades added in Spring 2022), a library, a learning center, STEM labs, and study areas. The Heath Sciences building includes a mock hospital with the same technology used in major research hospitals. At RCC, your future is our focus, and our campus was built to ensure your long-term career success!
Workforce Development Programs
Our primary goal is to help you gain the academic, professional, and productivity skills you need to increase your access to employment and career pathways that will lead to economic self-sufficiency. Our training programs help you get a job and advance your career. We schedule short-term training courses during the day and evening hours, and on weekends so you can attend training on a schedule that is convenient for you.
Students enrolled in the following workforce courses qualify for free tuition and as many as three, $500.00 stipends for completing course milestones:
• Pharmacy Tech
• Registered Behavioral Tech
• Clinical Medical Assistant
RCC’s Center for Workforce Development proudly offers over 20 unique certificate programs. Learn more and register by visiting www.rcc.mass.edu/cwd or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to Get Started?
Visit www.rcc.mass.edu/apply to start the registration process. You can also contact the Enrollment Center at email@example.com or 857-701-1200.
Additionally, you can stop by the One-Stop Enrollment Center, located on the first floor of Building 3, from August 21, 2023 – September 22, 2023, for in-person assistance.